Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wish there were a way to get this forum going!

Posted by dowbright z6 in Missouri (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 12 at 5:54

I'm in Missouri in the Lake of the Ozarks region. I sure wish there were a way to get this forum going. Does anybody have any ideas how it could happen? I've read tons of good questions here with no answers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wish there were a way to get this forum going!

I thought this forum was doing good compared to others and another thing people are busy outside and holidays they spend outside and with their families. I love this forum. Maybe you are asking the wrong questions go up to search and type in your question there and you will find answers there

o

This forum has always been kind of slow and I've always thought it's because there are too many overlapping forums. There's this one, great lakes, Ohio valley. I think people aren't sure which one covers their area or question and probably end up posting to annuals, perennials, shrubs, etc... I still look at all 3 although I moved to AL (from OH) 5 years ago.

o

• Posted by jomuir z5 detroit (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 15, 12 at 10:39

I agree about the overlapping forums. I'm in Michigan & when I went to look at my regional forum I remembered after I came here that I 'should' be at Great Lakes gardening.

Am I Midwest? Am I Great Lakes?

I think I am both :)

o

I'm in Missouri but check the Ozarks Forum more often since it's more active than this one. I do check in here occasionally.

You may not get as many replies in this forum or the Ozarks forum as you would in some of the others, but the advice that you get is more relevant. Our growing conditions are so different from the coastal states. We have hot summers to deal with and there's a lot of plants that don't like that.

o

Can you invite people from the different gardening forums to join you? I've been a member of GW for several years and just did start looking into this forum.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here