Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm as Mad as ***...'landscape' crews

Posted by entling 5 IL (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 9:22

My parents are getting on in years, & my mom can't take care of her garden the way she used to. I try to help out as much as I can, but in Spring I'm busy with my own garden, so she had a landscape crew (the people who cut their grass) edge her beds & put down mulch. Result - VOLCANOS!!! MULCH on top of PLANTS!! Weeds buried! Soil from the edging thrown onto plants & tree trunks! Guess who has to fix these messes? I can't take it anymore. (Sorry about the rant.)
Does anyone know of a gardener in the Chicagoland area my parents could hire to do these chores for them? They live in the Northwest suburbs.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm as Mad as ***...'landscape' crews

Ouch. :(

Whereabouts in the suburbia? That might help narrow down your search.
If I weren't babysitting my niece on top of my own, I might have the time... *sigh*

Also, have you thought about asking local garden clubs or the like? They might have current recommendations.

o

They live in Arlington Hts. Thanks for the suggestion about garden clubs. I'll mention it to my mom.

o

Entling,

Small world, we used to live in Arl Hts. Have you tried looking for a high school kid in their neighborhood? That used to work for me. If you know of anyone who lives in Surrey Ridge West (just south of Northwest Community Hospital), the homeowners association has a directory of people living there, and in the back is a list of kids that will do yard work. I guess that other homeowner associations might have something similar.

o

Call Gary's lawn service, he is a Buffalo Grove cop who has this gardening business on the side. They are pretty good, I can't complain. Email me if you want the number - we are in Long Grove.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here