Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What killed my trees?

Posted by fsheik1 none (My Page) on
Mon, May 26, 14 at 9:45

My young cherry tree suddenly died a few days ago. There is a strange bump with what seems to be hardened sap crusted on it. The new buds and leaves all turned brown and crisp. Now an apricot tree close to it also seems to be affected as well. Can someone help me identify what it is so I can tree all my other fruit trees.

This post was edited by fsheik1 on Mon, May 26, 14 at 9:48

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What killed my trees?

This is the apricot tree.

o

This is the apricot tree.

o

The cherry looks like bacterial canker. The apricot looks like it might have it, too, but mainly looks old. Treatment may not be effective at that stage.

You might ask over at the fruit and orchard forum here, where there are a lot of really knowledgable posters.

o

Thanks, I'll post in the fruit and orchard forum as well.

o

looks like fire blight

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here