Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what bulbs are in bloom now in zone 4a/5b?

Posted by mary4b 4b WI (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 07 at 11:05

My Serviceberry trees are just begging for me to underplant them with some bulbs for next year's bloom. They've just opened up today.
Anyone in zone 4b or 5a, could you tell me some varieties of bulbs that you have in bloom right now? I'm leaning towards a traditional look...some red tulips along with some daffodils would be great...but any great idea will be very welcome! I need varieties that are coming into bloom now or have been in bloom for 1/2 week, nothing that is finishing, as my trees are just starting. They had swollen buds all last week and today they opened up after a few days of sunshine.
I've posted this in the bulb forum, as well, so hope you don't mind if you see it twice. I'm in Appleton, Wisconsin...that's Northeast Wisconsin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what bulbs are in bloom now in zone 4a/5b?

My muscari are still blooming, and have been for several weeks."Hillstar" narcissus starting blooming 2 days ago, but I just planted them last fall, so they may actually be slightly earlier. The peony-flowered tulips are also coming into bloom now in Chicago suburbia.

o
RE: what bulbs are in bloom now in zone 4a/5b?

Daffs, hyacinth and snow crocus, stopped blooming about 3 wks ago..many tulips are now in bloom..Star Gazer Lily's have sprouted...Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here