Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webkat5

3rd Annual Kansas City Plant Swap!! - June 1st

webkat5
15 years ago

We have had such a good time the previous two years, that it is time to get ready for this year!

The location is in rural Harrisonville, MO (just south of KC).

We will have wonderful food (potluck), great conversation and hopefully a beautiful day!

E-mail me for details and let the fun begin!

Kat (WebKat5)

Comments (20)

• trowelgal Zone 5A, SW Iowa
    15 years ago

Count me in WebKat. I posted on Winter Sowing to let those gardeners know to look here for the swap.
    I will need directions and time to arrive. Thanks for being the host.
    Tina/trowelgal

• settledinks
    15 years ago

I'm there!! It will be my first swap! I moved here from Texas and inherited a fantastic perenial garden from the home's previous owner!
    Does anyone want Lily of the Valley? My garden is OVER RUN!!! I have lots of stuff I am just learning the names of!
    Can't wait!
    -Michelle

• webkat5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Great!

I have had a couple people e-mail me...please do post here, too...and if you haven't e-mailed me (so I have your e-mail addy), please do so! Thanks!

Settledinks, e-mail me so I have your e-mail address...

This will be fun!

• webkat5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will be sending out the invitations with details and directions in a couple weeks.
    (Need to update it)
    I prefer to send it out about 1 week ahead to everyone who has RSVP'd so I don't forget to send it to anyone.

Make sure to e-mail me (if you haven't already) so that I can add you to the confirmations folder.

I am thinking about getting started about 11:00...sound good?

• bubbalouise3
    15 years ago

I'm looking forward to the 3rd annual--the first two were great and I'm sure this one will be too! Don't let me forget the horse manure this year--the ultimate party favor! Jan

• dbardot
    15 years ago

Count me in, too please!

• webkat5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dbardot, please e-mail me so that I have your e-mail address...

15 years ago

Hi WebKat,
    11:00 sounds good. Do you want us to bring any particular type of food? I brought a big Greek Salad last year and that seemed to go over well. Let me know what you would like.
    Jan, I could use more Lily of the Valley, thanks.
    Tina

15 years ago

WebKat5,
    How many plants do we bring to swap? I think I can get about a dozen together, maybe more. My neighbor Cheryl may come too, she'll bring plants to swap too. There will probably be three of us from the Kansas City metro. Looking forward to it!
    Tina

15 years ago

Is the swap still on? I have been busy and now have about 25 plants, bulbs to swap. Will need directions to your home. Didn't keep them from last year, sorry.
    Tina or trowelgal

• kcbarbara
    15 years ago

I'll be there, Kat, either driving with Tina or coming separately. I have a neighbor who is interested in coming - she is looking for lily of the valley, so there's a taker for you, Michelle. I will also need directions to your place.

15 years ago

Lily of the Valley was also offered by BubbaLouise3 (A.K.A.Jan)so there should be plenty. Hope to hear from Kat soon as to directions, what food to bring and how many plants to bring to swap. It is Tuesday the 27th and no word yet. Hope all is okay with Kat.
    Tina

• webkat5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Still here!! And the swap is still ON!!

Working my tail off at the new job...I wasn't able to get my place ready...bit off more than I could chew, I am afraid.

Then had some e-mail issues, but have sent the directions to Sherry's out (last night).

She has a beautiful place in rural Oak Grove (lots of gardening ideas and eye candy) that is quite unique. I think you will enjoy it alot!! You should have seen the blank slate when her and her husband first moved in there.

Can't wait! It will be great to meet some new people, too!!

Kat

• mori1
    15 years ago

I'm new here and I live in Olathe. I see that there is plant swap in the area. Is this open to anyone?

Mori

• webkat5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, Mori!...I will try to e-mail you through GW as I don't have your e-mail address.

Sherry is getting very excited....working hard to pull this together (she was much closer to being ready than I was, though).

The new job is completely engulfing me and I simply didn't have the time to get it going.

Everyone will love Sherry's place...sits on a bluff in Oak Grove. She knows how to throw a party! I am very appreciative that she offered to take over at the last minute.

Can't wait to see you all!

I hope everyone has received their directions! Sorry, didn't have time to create a "pretty invitation" like I did last year. :o(

• webkat5
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mori....I can't e-mail you!!

You will need to click on my GW user name and send me your e-mail address so I can send you directions....

The swap is tomorrow...hurry!

I will check my e-mails periodically throughout the day...

Going to try to get some mowing and plant separating done now...

• mori1
    15 years ago

Sorry I've been working on my deck all day, just got done. my email is matobatele@gmail.com

• kcmojoe
    15 years ago

Ok everyone, It was a good event for my first plant swap. My major regret, like I said, is that I didn't have more to bring to the table.

The un-identified plant is driving me nuts now. I am a man on a mission to find out what it is. Also, I am going to put together some new pics of my property so you all can see and critique and provide some suggestions.

• kcmojoe
    15 years ago

WOOOHOOOO... I found the mystery plants name.

I was digging away in my junk drawer looking for some seeds I had lost... I eventually got really frustrated at my lack of organization. I dumped the entire drawer on the floor and what do you think sat there on top of the pile face up... staring right back at me.

For all those wanting to know what they might have taken home.... or even passed on in our plant swap....its a Eupatorium Coelestinum (Hardy Ageratum)

• roflol
    15 years ago

Oh, rats! I missed this one - that's what I get for letting my new motorcycle obsession overtake my planty obsession, lol. :-\ Would have been a straight shot up the highway to Oak Grove, too! Dang...

Anyway, I have a couple of mystery short daylilies needing a home that I've posted in the Exchanges if anybody locally is interested, would really like to trade for a solid deep red daylily that I'm seeing bloom right now, or a Red Ribbons spider daylily.
    {{gwi:68433}}

Webkat, I sure wish I'd been to the swap - sounds like it was great! I still have stuff I haven't put in the ground yet, and keep finding purple ruffles basil that I am still freecycling that I sure could have brought in, along with hopi red dye amaranth seedlings, lol. Please email me next year for it, okay? I don't frequent all the boards much, but email I *can* remember to check. :-)

Terri