Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help sourcing limestone planter block in St. Louis, MO

Posted by designstl 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 3:10

I was wondering if anyone in Missouri (St. Louis area) could recommend a good, inexpensive source for cut limestone blocks? I am not sure if I am even calling them by the correct name but I saved an article from This Old House from several years ago that refers to them as 'limestone planter block'. Basically I am looking for limestone blocks to dry stack for a 2' garden wall. I attached a picture of what i am referring to, though I don't even need them to be as large as in the picture. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help sourcing limestone planter block in St. Louis, MO

In the Kansas City market place--the above stone can be purchased at the Home Depot--maybe a little more white than the traditional yellow

o

i go into the hood & look for buildings being demolished. the bricks are always recycled & sold but there is not a lot of interest in foundation stone. it's not as uniform as the stone in your photo but good cut stone can be found & the price is right.

o

The blocks in the picture are referred to as retaining wall stone and they normally come in 8" widths with different thicknesses. I searched for landscape supplies and found this Kirkwood Material Supply Inc - Kirkwood - Saint Louis, MO (314) 822-9644 they should be able to help you source the wall stone .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here