Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Did you get a storm?

Posted by Oswegian Z5 IL (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 05 at 14:27

We have a NOAA alert radio, and about 4:40 a.m., the alert went off for a severe thunderstorm in northern Kendall county. Five minutes later I could hear the thunder, and then came strong winds and sheets of rain. It was the first time we've had rain in a month, I think.

Most of it literally flowed down the street and straight into the Fox River, but it does seem like we got a good amount in the ground. It's after noon, and the ground is still damp and dark. Woo hoo!!! No watering tonight!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Did you get a storm?

Yes, we got the same one - with .5". Wonderful! We're north of the river farther, and most of it soaked in.

o

Thanks for reminding me to check my rain gauge. It looks like we got about a half inch, too. I had that rain gauge for several years, but just left it sitting in the garage. Guesstimating has worked ok in the past, but this year is sure different. I put it out there in the yard a few weeks ago, but then forgot about it till you said something...

o

I was in SE wisconsin the other night (Lake Geneva area) and it stormed and poured like there was no tomorrow. I have never seen such a huge storm. They must have gotten at least 1.5". Here, in the NW suburbs, we got 0.06".

Chitown

o

All thunderstorm lines part to exclude Wauconda. I think we got a sprinkle out of this storm. Lots of thunder, not much rain..1/10 of 1 inch in the rain gauge. Sigh. April

o

Lots of thunders, lightnings, and high wind but only a few drops of rain. Sigh. I am watering my trees only today, leaving other things dry. Sigh......

o

We got about 1/8 inch yesterday, according to my rain gauge, here in Kendall County. But I heard that DeKalb, McHenry and Lake got hammered! How much did you get?

o

.17 yesterday in Peoria county according to weather.com, but it sure seemed like more. Boy, was it ever welcome, too! :)

o
RE: ourguys

Ourguys, in Oswego, I tried to answer your email twice, but your address bounced both times. Sorry!

o

Hurrumph! :-( We only got a sprinkling on Sunday and Monday. Not enough for anything ....just to make cars look dirtier. The sidewalks under trees weren't even wet. Phooey!

o

Oswegian - I emailed you and should have my member info correct now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here