Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mushrooms growing where tree was cut down

Posted by hostarasta z6 MI (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 05 at 14:45

A honey locust tree was cut down in my friend's backyard and the roots destroyed. Now there are mushrooms growing abundantly in the same spot. What should my friend use to kill the mushrooms? Roundup?

Thanks in advance!

Marlene in Michigan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mushrooms growing where tree was cut down

• Posted by kec01 5 Chicago IL (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 15, 05 at 22:01

We had a similar situation when we had stumps drilled out of our yard, 25 of them. We were told that the mushrooms were part of the wood chip decomposition process and that it would take 3-5 yrs for the rotting wood process to run it's course. We very carefully took out the mushrooms we could, but they kept coming. I hate to say it, but based on the advice we were given, all I can recommend is patience. Roundup will kill whatever grass your friend has growing in that area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here