Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
specialmn1

Wisconsin/Minnesota flower farms??

Mary4b
18 years ago

Greetings!

I'm traveling across central Wisconsin and Minnesota in a few weeks. I'd love to stop at some nice daylily, lily or hosta farms, if anyone knows of some. Or if you know of a really great nursery that's worth stopping at, suggest-away!

Across Wisconsin heading west, I'll take either hwy 10 or hwy 29.

Across Minnesota, I'll be on highway 94 all the way to the western border.

I don't mind long detours, though!

Comments (5)

• bellarosa
    18 years ago

Try the Flower Factory in Stoughton, Wisconsin. Great selection of perennials including hostas, daylilies, everything!

• virginia_w
    18 years ago

Mary,

The Flower Factory is great but quite a bit out of your way. A closer "detour" for you might me the Winter Greenhouse. You just take Highway W north out of Winter (on HIghway 70) a few miles. It is a wonderful source for all kinds of pernennials and hostas, as well as wildflowers, shrubs and annuals. They have lovely demonstration gardens as well and right now are having some good sales.

• Mary4b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you! I will try the Winter Greenhouse for sure...I think I actually found them on the web.

Also found that there is a lily garden in Chippewa Falls, WI....so maybe I'll bring a bag lunch to hang out in the garden...hope it's a nice day!

By the way...for anyone interested, I also found a neat place on the web in South Western, Wisconsin...LaCrosse ARea...They sell hostas at Family Tree Floral in West Salem, Wisconsin and one can make an appt with them to visit their private gardens...they looked pretty nice to me! They have a huge list of hosta varieties...can't wait! I think I will be stopping there on the way Home, so maybe I can hit the Flower Factory after that!

It's just too much fun!

Any more ideas? I still need some for Central Minnesota/Western Minnesota!

• ginasr
    18 years ago

You might want to look into the Foxfire Gardens in Marshfield, WI (central WI). They have 7 acres of Oriental gardens with waterfalls, ponds, all kinds of stuff. Alot of people have weddings or wedding photos done there. They have over 800 varieties of hostas. Their website is foxfiregardens@tznet.com,you can see some pics there. They also sell some plants and hostas. It's a neat place to see. I think they're open like 10 - 5 or so. Phone is (715) 387-3050, you can call for directions. Good luck and have fun! Gina

• Mary4b
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I didn't know about Foxfire Gardens...and that's just 1 1/2 hours from here...I think I'll make that a single destination for me another time. And I guess they are having a hosta jamboree there later this summer! I'm definitely up for that! This is just wonderful info...I can't wait to visit all these places! I sure wish my husband was more in to gardening...but luckily I like to travel solo, too!