Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardy Tree Rose

Posted by eviem z5,IL (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 07 at 17:38

Last summer I bought a "Polar Joy" tree rose that was supposed to be very hardy in this area. I kind of doubted that would be true, but was I every wrong. This rose tree came through our bad winter with absolutely no dieback and without any protection at all. It sure looked better than all the rest of my roses, including the shrub roses. Right now it is in full bloom and beautiful. So, if anybody likes tree roses, this is the one to get. I bought it at Pesche's in suburban Chicago and I also saw it in the Jung catalog.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardy Tree Rose

Thanks, Eviem..I thought Peschi's closed down..
You lucked out..I bought a tree rose at KMart about 5 yrs ago but it didn't make it. It was an expensive tree to begin with and the label stated, hardy to z5. Which is why I bought it.
Do you know if Jung's ships full trees or stick? It's been a while since I ordered. Thanks and congrats..Toni

o

Hi Toni,

I know Jung's had the "stick" ones-the tree form, in their latest catalog. They also had it last year, but by the time I tried to order one they were sold out.

Pesche's is still going strong. They have this tree rose in 3 and 4 foot sizes. I bought the 3 foot one which is perfect. I saw them there a few weeks ago, but have no idea if they are still available. These roses trees are from Minnesota, so they have to be really hardy, I guess!
Thanks, Evie

o

That is great to hear, eviem. I planted two this year that I ordered from Jung's. They arrived bare root, about three feet tall with small branches at the top.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here