Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kec01

Weird egg yolk like stuff

kec01
17 years ago

Ok, this one has me stumped. Both Sat night during the night and then again today during the day a weird substance has appeared in 1 of my gardens. On both occasions, it has looked like someone sprinkled crumbled up egg yolks from about 10 hard boiled eggs into the garden. In this garden are primarily hostas and the remaining leaves from daffodils. There's another garden about 3 ft away that has quite a few blooming lilies. This stuff is as bright a yellow as real eggs, it looks crumbly like real eggs and it's scattered in an area that's about 6"x10". At first I thought it might be pollen from the lilies but there's just too much of it. It doesn't look like someone/something tossed their cookies as it's dry. Sat's pile was just the same but with some light rain and a kid playing with a stick in it, it's turned brown now. I know that we have rabbits and squirrels in our nieghborhood. Anyone have any idea what this might be or what could have dropped this stuff? I'm at a loss with this one but I know I don't like it.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living