Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
applemulch

neighbors

applemulch
12 years ago

i just want to say i wish my neighbors would quit throwing garbage in my yard quit thinking they own my yard quit blaring music quit calling us bad names just quit being bad neighbors or better yet move far away and that huge dog of theirs to get better owners it will a holiday every day with them gone

Comments (5)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    12 years ago

Sometimes venting helps...

tj

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    12 years ago

I had neighbors with vicious dogs and I had small children. I accidentally got the dogs to "my side". They loved me because I gave them pork chop bones, leftovers from the fridge about to go bad, etc. The owners of the dog started to look at me differently when their dog and I were friends. They never became "chummy" and that was fine with me, but I've tried to save the lesson I learned.

• applemulch
    Original Author
    12 years ago

like today the male adult was playing ball in the front yard with his friend and 2 of his children and were using my front yard as play space too so i told them to quit playing in my yard and they were just so cruddy to me 2 guys in their thirties who act liked they should be able to do whatever they want instead of being nice and considerite they all just need to leave and nice people move in

• Ament
    12 years ago

I feel for you Applemulch, we've a neighbor like that catercorner behind us, their hunting dog got out and ended up in my yard. I tried to shoo the dog out. No go, she was terrified and would not go. They keep 5 dogs in a fairly small locked area. Well, my two dogs(A Dane and a Heeler) Didn't appreciate a stranger in the yard, so I *had* to get that female hunting dog out of my yard. I calmly and gently went up to her, she let me get ahold of her collar, when I tried to lead her out, she flipped out on me, bit and scratched the heck out of me! Well, I did not let go of her, drug her to my cable that I have outside. Put her on the cable and called the sheriff out.
    Showed the sheriff my wounds, the damage done to my legs, my pajama bottoms, my palm and finger. He took the dog in, they got fined, they offered to replace my jammies, said they were sorry.
    A few weeks later, the husband was up on the deck, his kid down below with a pellet gun, zinging pellets at my house!
    One hit the window, one hit the side of the house. I went out the door with my husband, I hollered Knock it off! Husband said, It won't be pellets that get returned if you do not stop shooting at our house! Needless to say, we've not had pellets fired at our home again. LoL
    Music is always a loud issue, loud parties too.
    Our other neighbor thinks its Ok for him to park his "toys" in the way of our driveway. So we cannot pull into or out of our driveway sometimes. We have two neighbors that do that.

Hopefully we can all find ways to cope with people like this

Tina Marie

• dirtdaddy
    12 years ago

I too had the garbage problem. Instead of putting it in the trash, I threw the trash back in their yard! I seldom have any garbage problems now. dd.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner