Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

 o
what is this??

Posted by snowburd 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 0:39

This growing in my flower bed. I think it may be some type of fungus or mold, but I have no idea if it's bad or how to get rid of it if I need to. Please help!! Also, I'm new to zone 5, having only recently moved here (western Illinois) from NW Florida!!


Follow-Up Postings:

 o
RE: what is this??

Its a fungus with all the dampness this year I've had this too just mix a weak bleach solution 20 to 1 water to bleach and mist the affected area do it at mid day as bleach will dissipate in sun light or the chlorine will , the white area will turn dark in a day or so and then you clean it up and put it in the compost pile . A shop Vac. will also get rid of it. You could also just leave it . It might get bigger but shouldn't hurt any other plants it's just a little unsightly.


 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!


Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.


Learn more about in-text links on this page here