Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beware of mail order scam from House of Wesley

Posted by chicago90 z11PHX (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 8, 06 at 17:58

There is a company based in Bloomington, IL that goes under the umbrella of multiple garden mail order nursery names; House of Wesley, Burgess seed, honeycreek nurseries, farmers.

This company is so unethical and disreputable it is shocking. If you have any information or knowledge on how to reach an honest person in any way connected with this company, please let me know.

I placed an order back in March 2006 and it is a nightmare to speak or get anything accomplished with this organization.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beware of mail order scam from House of Wesley

I am sorry you got cheated. Before ordering anything, I try to remember to check the Gardenwatchdog first. I sometimes forgot and got sucked in like you did too. Sigh...... :-(

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenwatchdog

o

Buy local.

o

BEWARE, DO NOT ORDER FROM HOUSE OF WESLEY. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM.
90% of what they send you will die, they will not give you a refund, only a replacement which will also die. I have a small claims judgment against them but they still refuse to refund my money. Legal action, BBB and the rest does not bother this company, they are skirting the law and they know it. This is not an honest or ethical company, and they are a disgrace to the gardening community. TELL YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS TO BEWARE ALSO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here