Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quilt_mommy

New gardner with questions about annuals over winter...

quilt_mommy
17 years ago

Hi there, I hope that I've come to the appropriate place to ask my questions, if not, I apologize in advance. This forum is huge!

I am a 25 year old Stay at Home Mom to two young children, and have just discovered gardening! I purchased on a whim some plants that are most likely very common and easy to you very knowledgable and experienced gardners, but I'm really not sure what to do with them over winter! LOL*

I picked up a boxwood & celosia late this summer and potted them (we currently rent and I have been hesitant to put too much money into permanent landscaping) and I'm wondering if I should bring them both in for the winter? The boxwood being a shrub I imagine would be fine outdoors though I'm curious if being potted will effect its hardiness? And the celosia, do they do well indoors? Does anyone have any special suggestions for success in keeping it indoors? Neither were very expensive, but I would enjoy the learning experience, and being on a budget these days I'd like to keep as much as I can for as long as I can!

Thank you, and I appreciate any advice that can be given! :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors