Posted by RexAnne z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 24, 05 at 22:41

enough for ya? Someone had to say it.
Even my sunflowers are sweating!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot

Well the sunflower looks perfectly happy to me!

It was 102 today, heat index of 117 in my town between Springfield and St. Louis. Yep it was hot - I've given up on my flower borders and have just been watering the vegetables. We're picking big delicious tomatoes in spite of it all.

Another two days of it and it will be over - supposed to be in the 70s by Wednesday. It still beats zero for me anyday. ;-)

o

the squash are really happy too. I just thought this sunflower was mopping its brow as much as I was today.
:)

o

Was trying to stay indoors as much as possible. Thought it was nearly like Bangok's summer at its peak. :-)

o

It's hot in Jefferson City and Friday, they put a restriction on water use! No watering lawns, flower beds, vegetable gardens. Up to now I've been keeping most of my flowers alive, but this pretty much will kill them

o

It was 104F at Chicago's Midway Airport last week, now 97F and sunny on tuesday. This summer sure makes up for last years...

Chitown

o

I'm one of those who love the heat..Ok, it's hard on our plants, but summer is a beautiful time of year..I only hope we continue having mild winters..and they've been mild..
Many of my annuals planted last yr have reseeded like Petunia's and Morning Glory. It's amazing.
Chi, how's your palm? Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here