Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thalictrum or meadow rue

Posted by Marie_zone5 KC MO (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 21, 05 at 17:00

Has anyone grown meadow rue? I bought two plants this year. Instructions say part to full sun. I am afraid of full sun here unless I know the plant. Just wondered of anyone in Midwest had experience with this plant. Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thalictrum or meadow rue

I have 4 of them but haven't got them planted yet. I plan on putting 3 of them in full sun and the other one where it gets sun on and off during the day.
Sorry I can't be of any real help.

o

I'm about to move mine to a sunnier spot. It currently gets sun only from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and is struggling a bit (little flowering). I will place it where it gets full a.m. sun, but shade in the afternoon

o

Depends a bit on which thalictrum it is...I have two rues, one gets full sun and would probably like even more (!) and the other gets almost full and seems happy enough. I think they have very attractive foliage--in shape and color.

o

Thalictrum aquilegifolium, known fondly in this household as "Koosh ball plant," gets afternoon shade yet gets burned out and cripsy looking by mid-summer. Really, mine might have a recurring mildew, but it does look like too much hot sun. Mine don't even have very good flower color--don't know why I haven't done away with this plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Midwest Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here