Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
finchelover

What will you plant for next year

finchelover
15 years ago

Ok,are you thinking yet of what you want to plant for 2009.

I ordered another white obedient plant. I want Pink Salvia,Eveline,pink hardy geranium. Tomato soup cone flower and i ordered 5 more rose bushes. I want a Pinkish to Red dwarf Crape Myrtle bush. I am having difficulty finding some of these yet in my area. I hate to order them because the freight is so high sometimes more then the plant itself.

Comments (4)

• mori1
    15 years ago

I have a pinkish dwarf crape myrtle but I got it several years ago. Haven't seen them for sale since.

• sheltieche
    15 years ago

Interesting question- since I do wintersowing in abundance I probably end up growing gazillions of new stuff... you welcome to check Winter Sowing forum to see what I am talking about- my seedbox is bursting again and there is no place in the garden left...

• herbalistic
    15 years ago

In addition to my usual yukon gold potatoes, I am adding all red and all blue potatoes to my garden this year. Looking forward to some really colorful potato salad! I am going to try Millionaire eggplant. Health Kick tomatoes, early butternut squash - I plan to can/freeze a lot more butternut squash soup this fall. I am trying Chinese Giant sweet bell pepper this year in addition to my Big Berthas. My peppers and tomatoes haven't germinated yet but the eggplants are up.
    My seedflats are atypical this year I have them outside in southern Louisiana where I am visiting my daughter waiting for her to birth her first baby. Normally I would have them growing under lights in my sunroom in NW IN. It is in 70's -80's all week so hopefully they should respond soon.
    I want to grow more spinach this year and hoping I get back to get them planted this month. Last year was the best spinach ever coz it got planted in march. Any later and it starts to bolt too soon. Salad greens, beets, peas, carrots, I plan to do in greater quantities this year as well. I bought the motion detector scarecrows last year to insure I get the harvest and not our local deer. I will probably plant some moon and stars watermelon again and some pumpkins. I ordered snack jack that has hulless seeds for roasting and I am going to try scallopinis squash this year too.

• bcskye
    15 years ago

Haven't grown potatoes for several years, but plan to plant Yukon Gold, Butte and Red Pontiac - hopefully all in bins and haven't decided on the sweet potatoes. Bought some from the grocery that are starting to sprout so may just use those. Would like to plant Copra onions and am looking for seed locally. Have seeds for Candy and Lisbon Bunching. Tomatoes will be Black Krim, Amish Paste, Rutgers and still trying to decide on the others. I have plans to get out Black Cherry, Chocolate Cherry, Sweet Millions, Snow White and Dr. Caroline. Revolution for bell peppers. Long Red Cayenne for hot pepper. Pole beans will be a good variety plus, for the first time, Tarbais. Green Arrow and Sugar Pod peas. Black Beauty Zucchini, yellow straight neck squash, acorn squash, Iroquois squash, Hopi Pale Grey squash, Early Sunglow Corn, some eggplant for a dear neighbor, radishes, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, beets, carrots, seedless watermelon, cukes, pie pumpkins, spinach, a variety of lettuces, celery and some herbs. Oh yes, I've got three blueberry bushes and will put in some strawberries. Was thinkin of putting the strawberries in hanging pvc pipe and maybe trying some of the lettuces that way, too. Have to figure out what to hang them from that the DH won't complain about. DH doesn't help with the garden, but the eldery man down the road (about 10 years older than me - LOL!) does and the garden partially feeds him and his wife as well. Lets all hope for a super good growing season this year. If so, it will be hectic at harvest and preserving all the bounty - hope, hope.