Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobbi_jean_gw

Anyone from Ellettsville Indiana? (near Bloomington)

bobbi_jean
18 years ago

I live in Ellettsville IN and would love to meet other gardeners in my area.

Comments (12)

• momcat2000
    18 years ago

no, but i was in bloomington for the bucket game last weekend. wasn't it beatiful weather, i should of been working in the yard....mom

• bobbi_jean
    Original Author
    18 years ago

It really was terrific weather. I planted bulbs on Saturday & Sunday. Hope you enjoyed being in Bloomington. It's a nice place. Ellettsville is about 10 minutes away and has a small town feel to it. I love Ellettsville.

• Vivian Kaufman
    18 years ago

Hey Bobbi Jean, I'm in Bedford! My husband and I both work up in Bloomington.

Been around THS and GW a LONG time...LOL

• bobbi_jean
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow! I'm glad your wrote Vivian. Where do you & your husband work? My in-laws live in Heltonville. Do you know any of the Stipp's from Heltonville?

• Vivian Kaufman
    18 years ago

HA! I live next door to a Stipp--here in town. I know a LOT of Stipp's....LOL. In fact, my husband bought our house from the next door neighbor Stipp's.

I'm a medical transcriptionist and work out of the house, but I do work for 2 medical practices--Drs. Parmenter & Hudson, and Drs. Hansen, Moseman, Surdam, and Murer on the east side, but I get to Bloomington several days a week.

Hubby works at Spectrum Press on Loesch Road--not far from your area there.

This IS a very small area--and it seems everyone knows everyone...

What about you?

• Vivian Kaufman
    18 years ago

Well that was silly. It told me it didn't post, so I submitted it again....

Good grief...:)

• bobbi_jean
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Now you know another Stipp. I married Andrew Stipp from Heltonville. His parents, Bill & Judy (Norman) Stipp live on Bowman Ln. Also, Andrew's aunt Connie was a hair dresser in Bedford. Her name is Connie Stipp (Kelley) Beckner. Do you know Jamie Beckner? That's Andrew's cousin. Do you know Shirley Mengnin? That's my sons workstudy teacher. Small world, huh? I'm the office mgr. at Lauer & Co., CPA's in Bloomington. So, you like to garden! Tell me more when you have time.

• Vivian Kaufman
    18 years ago

I live next door to Mary Margaret Stipp. Her late husband was Robert (Bob) Stipp. He was a farm implement dealer. She has 2 sons, John (in Bloomington) and Robert (the principal at Springville School) and a daughter Claudia.

Jamie Beckner's name is familiar, but I don't recognize Shirley Megnin. Where does she work?

Our best friend is Greg Stokes, a CPA here in town at Monroe Shine....LOL

Too funny...

• bobbi_jean
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I don't know any of the Stipp's you mentioned, although I'm sure they're all related somehow. And it could be they're close relatives and I just haven't met them. Interesting, My father-in-law's full name is John William Stipp and *his* late father's name was also John William Stipp. I'll ask about it.

Shirley Mengin lives in Bedford but works at Edgewood High School.

Nice to meet you on garden web!

• momcat2000
    18 years ago

bedford, isn't that where "backyard gardens" store is? i try to go there every time we stay at spring mill park (one of my favorite places) i love antiquing in mitchell, do they still have the 'ben franklin' store?

• Vivian Kaufman
    18 years ago

Yep, Bedford is where "Backyards & Gardens" is. I try to get there often...LOL. I would buy Trapp candles by the case if I had enough money....!

...and yes, Mitchell still has their Ben Franklin/ACE Hardware. Love that store. I kinda hang out there while the girl is playing soccer at St. Mary's.

Used to spend a lot of time at Spring Mill Park--enough that we had a season pass. Of course, that was when the kids were younger and we didn't have 20 places that we had to be in 1 night... We used to take the dogs all the time, but now they don't allow dogs in the village, so...

If you ever get a chance, you should go to the candlelight Christmas tour of the village. Beautiful.

• mike127
    11 years ago

Ellettsville doesn't feel like home to me i live in bloomington,in

i do most of my gardening at my moms house on the north side of town and the soil is more browner then being clay like over on the south side of town here where i stay at

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor