SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19811246

Identification help --- edible?

User
16 years ago

I am SO excited to find this forum! I am scouring the fields and forests with Euell Gibbons and Bradford Angier's books in hand, but being a complete newbie, I find myself unsure of most things and positively clueless about the rest.

I wonder if anyone could help me identify a few of the plants I looked at today. I'm hoping to 'get a grip' on the few plants that are out for winter before the spring/summer explosion comes up and makes things much more challenging. I took about 15 different (unidentified) plant photos today alone but will post them a few at a time, if that's all right.

These, I'm totally unsure of:

{{gwi:1052295}}
The toothy lobed guy, I thought I'd seen in my books, but now I can't find much like it.

{{gwi:1052296}}
On the right, same mystery plant.

On the left, I originally thought maybe purslane, but now I know better -- it's not succulent at all, very dainty.

It grows tallish with those spiral layers going all the way up, but the leaves are tiny.

{{gwi:1052297}}
This is a very furry, succulent plant. You could drink from the leaves. Not much of a taste. :)

Someone in the NE who tramps through the woods in winter has probably seen all these plants a lot -- any suggestions on what they might be are welcome.

Comments (8)

Sponsored