Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
today I had a good day

Posted by laylaa 7b (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 12, 09 at 17:56

I was able to remove several nadina shrubs and replace them with Sparkleberry Vaccinium arboreum. Now not many in my neighborhood will appreciate this as I took out brilliant red, full plants (had pruned the nadina correctly and it was very full and RED RED) and replaced them with some rather pitiful looking twigs which had been dug up out of the woods. But I'm just delighted with myself, rather smug actually, so I thought I'd post here where I know there are other wing nuts like myself would think I traded up. I did trade up. They are stunning in fall, lovely bark and have berries birds actually eat, so there!

I didn't have any Vaccinium arboreum before and wanted it. Now I have it (so there) and there is a bit less nadina in the state. I hope the Vaccinium arboreum forms a lovely thicket and plan on planting sassafras with it for a truly garish fall and wildlife bonanza.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: today I had a good day

You're killing me. I'm sitting inside a boring office with beautiful weather calling to me outside and you are playing in the garden. It's just not fair.
Anyway, congratulations.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here