SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trulydevine

Spanish Moss - More than I would like.

trulydevine
15 years ago

Good Day,

I would like to post my own experience with Spanish Moss. I have over 2 acres with oaks, pines, all different types of trees. I have Spanish moss that I fight all the time. If you leave the Spanish moss on the limbs, slowly it kills the tree, limb by limb.

I have seen it on more than one occasion. My neighbor/friend has been a tree/landscape person for many, many years. They fight this all the time. They must come and trim the limbs off of the trees that the moss has suffocated in hopes to save the trees. I have a 30+ year old pine I almost lost. It has been given a very good trim, in hopes to save it.

My question: Does anyone have any brilliant ideas or contraptions to use in the removal of the moss? My rake and I are more than tired of each other and neither of us are tall/long enough to reach the really high branches.

All ideas welcome. I have Spanish moss by the bag full! Artist do love working with it on all types of wood work and wreath/plant layouts. It has a variegated color of grays and bits of green. OFF the tree, it is wonderful.

Please advise me if you have any removal ideas or need for moss.

Best wishes and green thumbs up.

Liz

Comments (3)

Sponsored