SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline5_gw

Mangy roadside - need seed suggestions

jacqueline5
17 years ago

Hi,

We live very rurally in Northern CA. There is a 20 foot wide strip of weeds that runs all along the length of our 1000 yard long road on the way in to our property. We are land-locked and have an easement to access our property. The neighbor refuses to maintain the part that leads to our house (the part that goes to his is mowed clean). I've offered to mow it myself but he also refuses help -- he wants it to look bad going to our house -- long story. According to the easement agreement I can plant 'perennial and annual flowers' but it is silent on mowing, our attorney said we would have to go back to court to clarify the mowing or risk being sued.

Right now everything is just coming out of dormancy and I know the weeds are going to be worse this year than last (this lack of mowing started two years ago when we built the house -- like I said, long story). I would like to sew seeds to take over the weeds. CA poppies grow well around here, I see them along the roadsides but I don't know if they can compete with the weeds. Another neighbor suggested Ox Eyed Daisy. I'd love to hear your suggestions as well as sources for this large amount of seed.

The area I need to cover is huge, about 1000 yards long x 20 feet wide, and IÂd like to get seeds ordered and start scattering them right away if possible.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville