Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rate my Native Plant Articles?

Posted by tinasam 7 (tinasam69@hotmail.com) on
Mon, Mar 12, 07 at 8:17

I'd like for all my friends, writing buddies, and general strangers to come and rate my latest set of articles.

Just click on any article that interests you and click the stars to rate it. I'd appreciate it. Bookmark me if you like or are interested in the topic I cover. Again, Thanks all, I owe you two;)

Tina

Here is a link that might be useful: Native Gardening Articles

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rate my Native Plant Articles?

I read your fern article and you state"no discernible bloom" Of the four I read in only one did you mention spores. So I would give this a very poor rating.

o

Tinasam,
Sorry you have to put up with discouraging posts! I think your articles could be very useful lists for people searching for information on native plants. My only comment is that they are a little hard to read because of the constant page breaks, and the layout of the page means the text doesn't flow too easily. You could bold or highlight the names of the native plants to make them easier to spot in the article.
Good luck!

o

I don't see these as articles, but rather mere lists of native plants. If it's supposed to be an article, I'd rather see more talk about the plants, where they're native to, what bird, butterfly do they attract, what type of soil do they prefer etc etc. I see lists of plants that anybody could Google and find the same information.

o

Ditto Terry and Ellen. Who is your intended audience?? What kind of layout are you thinking of or is this it? Not sure you need ALL that botanical info; Genus and species is fine. Make a note if there is something unique about the plant. Ditto also the Google comment. Just my thoughts.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here