Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buttercups

Posted by mosswitch (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 15, 10 at 17:17

Photo test of buttercups, wish I could figure out how to post directly into the text! Any tips, instructions, ideas, etc? I can figure out how to link them in but now how to post directly.

Here is a link that might be useful: butercups

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buttercups

Here's the steps for posting photos to GardenWeb from the TinyPic website:

1. When you're on the "Tinypic" site, scroll over to the left where it says "Grab Your Code" and then copy what's in the box under "HTML for Websites". What you're doing is copying your html code for that particular photo.

2. Then go back to the GardenWeb site, and paste the copied html code text anywhere within a new "Post a Message to the Forum" message window on your GardenWeb forum of choice.

3. Add any other text you want to put in, and then click the "Preview Message" button. Be sure not to type in any text within the "<" or the ">" surrounding the html code or it will mess up the photo's ability to post. You should see your photo appear in the preview window.

4. Click the "Submit Message" button. Your post with your photo included will appear on the GardenWeb forum.

These instructions are pretty much the same for the Photobucket website too. You may also want to set your TinyPic or Photobucket site to private. This will make just the specific photo you posted on GardenWeb viewable to the general public.

You can also do test photo postings on the "Test Forum" on GardenWeb (see link below). There used to be an instruction page for posting photos on GardenWeb but I can't seem to find it right now.

P.S. Nice buttercup photo!

Here is a link that might be useful: GardenWeb Test Forum

o

Thanks, I'll try that. I also have picassa and twitpix but I couldn't find anyway to copy an actual picture, just the link. I'll try it with tinypic. You have been a big help.

o

Glad to be of help. I'm not sure, but I think the html codes on Picassa can be found if you click the "Share" button. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here