Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with native snapdragon

Posted by annemarieo 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 0:59

Help I have a island snapdragon who will not bloom. It has been in the ground now for about 1 1/2 yrs. maybe more. I saw one or two blooms the first season . But nothing sense then. I planted it in partial shade because here in the Southern California hot inland valley I thought it would appreciate a little relieve. It actually gets a fair amount of sun . Shade comes from neighbors tree which hangs partly over my wall,not too far. I am coming to realize though that it may need more sun. Am I right or is there some other reason it won't bloom? I love this plant and am afraid to try to move it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with native snapdragon

If you are using any kind of fertilizer on it make sure it's not too high in nitrogen. A native or indigenous plant usually doesn't require any soil amendments for healthy growth, but it would prefer at least 6-8 hours of Sun per day. If it's still chilly in your neck of the woods it should still be safe to relocate it to a sunnier location.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here