Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Garden bloggers - natives challenge

Posted by karyls 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 8:10

Andrew over at Garden Smackdown started an great post on native plants that he grows in his garden. He has challenged other gardeners to count the natives they have and post their lists, it's been fun and great promotion for the use of native plants. If you have a blog, please consider participating! Be sure to post your link in Smackdown's comments. Garden Smackdowns Play Natives Forward.

I posted two lists, Native Perennials and Annuals in My Garden and Native Trees and Shrubs in My Garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Garden bloggers - natives challenge

I have sunchokes, choke cherries, native strawberries, native goatsbeard, and a species of native astilbe. Don't mean to plug but there aren't too many good sources for the native plant beginner, so I also thought I'd share an article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2866272/guide_to_native_plants_of_washington.html?cat=32

Here is a link that might be useful: Native Plants for Washington and Seattle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here