SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
timsway

WARNING; Bayer Plant Food

timsway
17 years ago

I'm posting this as a warning to all the plant enthusiast that care about their plants.

To make a long-story-short I used Bayer Advanced, Triple Action All Purpose Plant Food, on several plants (some very expensive) and it KILLED THEM. It is supposed to be a slow release plant food, but it crumbled as soon as it rained; burning up all the plants that had been fed with the plant food. I contacted Bayer and left a complete description of what happened through its web site and was told to call a customer service rep, which led nowhere.

I lost three Cercis canadensis 'Silver Cloud' which I had ordered from Greer Gardens (a great place to order rare plants) several variegated strawberry (Fragaria vesca 'Varigatum) plants, several rare white willow herb (Epilobium angustifolia 'Album' which I had grown from seed that is very hard to get) and the list goes on...

SO BE WARNED of my experience.I know how crappy something like this can make you feel, and all of you "Garden Webbers" have been so nice to me that I would hate to know that something like this could happen to you.

Tim

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus