SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laylaa_gw

ID help please

laylaa
15 years ago

Can anyone help me verify what these are?

Plant #1: This guy is about 4" tall, leaves 2-3" across. Appears to be a colony as they are coming up everywhere, spaced about 2-3' apart. It may be suckers from shrubs/trees - I have lots of small stumps and can't tell yet if the stumps are related to these or not. Lots of things were cut to the ground here but not killed. It's growing in sun, poorly drained clay and acid.

{{gwi:1054667}}
{{gwi:1054669}}

Â

Plant #2: This is another colony I have going in deep shade, moist mixed wooded area. Leaves are very small, maybe 11/2" across but everything is just coming up so they are not mature. Very shallow rooted. Growing mixed in with naturalized sweet shrub.

{{gwi:1054671}}
{{gwi:1054673}}

Plant #3: I have no clue on this plant. Not likely native but I am tossing it in. It's a large shrub that was cultivated, semi-evergreen, 10-15' tall. Small fragrant white/yellow flowers early spring which attracted bees like crazy. It has a loose weeping habit and layers itself easily. There are translucent, tiny red droop berries on the underside of the leaves. New growth stems are very bright green, old growth woody and peeling bark. No trunk. Atually quite pretty and HUGE but makes me think Eleagnus. I have found no seedlings or runners, suckers.

{{gwi:1054675}}
{{gwi:1054676}}
{{gwi:1054677}}

Thanks in advance for any help. Before I kill things I want to be positive that I should be doing so. If it's a native I want to leave it be to grow in peace.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County