Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Plant

Posted by davidl_ny5 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 18:11

Here in a nursery bed I've used a number of times for native plants like the Canada Mayflowers(Maianthemum canadense) you can also see, has grown this nice looking plant, but I'm not sure what it is. Does anyone know?

Mystery Plant

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Plant

That looks similar to a mystery plant that Ive got in my own yard. It might be Rue anemone (thalictrum thalictroides) or something similar. Mine are also growing in the company of those little plants with the heart-shaped leaves, as well as ferns.

Though come to think of it, the leaves are shaped a bit differently. Maybe something related to bleeding hearts?

Heres the thread where I got some help identifying mine:

Here is a link that might be useful: similar mystery plant

o

Thanks, stoloniferous. Guesses over at "Name that plant" also included one of the thalictrums or a dicentra, both of which I have in my yard. Others were corydalis, which I don't know and haven't seen around, and a climing fumitory, which would also be new to me. I think I've got to let it grow a little at least, maybe let it bloom, to find out. Anyway, I can't do a comparison until I'm in the country in the week-end.

o

I wonder if it could be Dutchman's Breeches? They are related to bleeding hearts and you'll know as soon as it blooms. They are really neat!

o

Dude. . . I'm totally going to have to plant some Dutchman's breeches next to some Dutchman's pipe. Are there any other Dutchman plants out there? I could grow myself a whole Dutchman! ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here