Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
False blue indigo and Carolina lupine

Posted by elly_nj NJ z6 (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 8:20

I have False blue indigo and Carolina lupine growing very close to each other. Can I move one? If so, which and how?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: False blue indigo and Carolina lupine

I believe you mean Baptisia when you say Blue False Indigo. If so, I would not recommend trying to move it. It has a very deep taproot and does not respond well to being dug up and moved. I don't know much about Lupine, having never grown it.

o

You can move the Carolina lupine; like most plants, it probably won't grow too much while it's getting acclimated into its new place, but it's not one of those plants that don't like being moved. It may split apart when you move it(mine did) so you may want to have room for two plants in the new place.

o

Thanks DrLiz and Lisa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here