SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miss_huff

Bad Luck w/ Pink Evening Primrose

miss_huff
14 years ago

I am obsessed with Pink Evening Primrose (not the yellow - the shorter, pink -- I don't know if it's a true primrose, but I think that common name is correct. Some people call them 'buttercups.').

I bought seeds and planted them in spring, and nothing came up. There was no frost after I planted.

I am planting in an all-sun area around rocks.

These are growing and blooming beautifully all over the highways here in Atlanta right now. I've been trying for years! I see them mostly along roads and at abandoned houses. That's why I thought they'd be easy!!

Do these not like to be transplanted? A neighbor offered me some of hers, and I took her up on it -- I planted about 10 I got from her yard, and it looks like about 1 might make it.

I can't do seeds, I can't do transplants.......What's the best way??

Also, I planted my seeds under a good bit of pine straw. Do you think the pine straw kept them from sprouting?

There are a lot of slugs in this area (or something!!) -- when I plant pumpkin vines here, they're usually gone in a day or two.

When I dug up the plants at my friends, I never found much root to come with the plants.

Thank you!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored