SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pufftrinket

small native plant articles

pufftrinket
13 years ago

I know this sounds like self-promotion, and maybe it is, a little, but....

I have been writing some small little articles about native plants on my blog and on a sponsored site.

I've aimed my work toward people who aren't familiar with native plants. My goal is to make it seem "easy" and fun. With that in mind, some of my advice is good, but some of it is a little shaky.

This forum is what got me learning about native plants. I have gained so much from participating here.

It would be really nice to have some real experts read and publicly comment on my articles, for the purpose of attracting new native plant enthusiasts.

Of course, I am also personally interested in any feedback to make my articles more accurate. I feel kind of mixed about them--- I know that what I am suggesting is not perfect, but I think it is better than what many gardeners may be doing if they don't know about native plants.

I'll just list one or two representative titles below, along with my writing name. If you are interested, or want to offer guidance and suggestions, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

I write as Jule Romans

My blog is "native flowers in the garden" hosted by blogspot (it is JUST beginning, very thin on content)

My articles are published at HP (I'm not going to give the full name, because I am not trying to promote) some representative tiles are:

"Prairie flowers in the garden"

"Native flowers: the basics"

"Native Flowers: buying guide for a blue garden"

You will notice that there ARE amazon products placed on these articles as well as text ads. I'm NOT trying to use this forum to sell those products, I promise.

I just feel that I am walking a fine line here, and I want to try to do it the best way possible. Yes, I do want to profit from these articles eventually. But more important, I want to get the message out to those who have no idea about native flowers.

I don't expect that all my ideas will meet with positive responses, or anything like that. I just want to improve my message as I continue to learn and share.

At the very least, maybe someone will post here about the dilemma of reaching other gardeners, and how best to handle it.

If anyone wants links, I can post them in this thread later on.

:-)

Thanks.

Comment (1)

Sponsored