Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find Witch Hazel plants in GA

Posted by Homechicken 7b/metro-Atlanta (My Page) on
Sun, May 5, 13 at 13:57

My wife and I both use witch hazel a good bit for minor irritations, etc. I actually use it as an aftershave. I thought I might try to plant a Witch Hazel shrub or two and try making our own concoction from the leaves/bark rather than buying it. Any idea where I might find it in the eastern metro-Atlanta/Snellville area? None of the local nurseries seem to have it and I haven't had much luck finding it online. I'd much rather buy it locally anyway. Is it a seasonal thing that I'll have more luck finding in the fall?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find Witch Hazel plants in GA

We had some for sale at the Georgia Native Plant Society sale two weeks ago in Marietta. Native, local plants, fresh from a construction rescue.

I have one that had to be cut down at the rescue due to construction damage. It's not pretty right now so I didn't bring it to the sale. But it is vigorously sprouting back. I can bring it to our May meeting at Atlanta Botanical Garden on May 14 if you want to buy it from the plant society (we'll be selling some other plants too).

Here is a link that might be useful: GNPS Meeting

o

If you're interested, please post back here. I won't bring it otherwise.

o

witch hazel is found naturally growing along rivers and creeks, they like to have their feet in water

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here