Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Matelea decipiens - Where can I get it?

Posted by geoforce z7a SE PA (My Page) on
Thu, May 25, 06 at 14:24

A saw a note in the name-that-plant forum which had a link to photos of this plant. Apparently an Ozark plant of zone 6-7, it looks almost too neat to believe. Being an old Okie hillbilly from the Ozark foothills, I really would like to grow this. As a member of the milkweed family, it should be fairly easy from seed. Actually all the species of this genus look interesting and enticing.

Does anyone know where seed for it can be had? The only source I could find in a fast Google search had a 'sold-out' on it.

George

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Matelea decipiens - Where can I get it?

I have it growing at my place in the ozarks. give me a shout this fall and I will get you some seed.

o
RE: Matelea decipiens - Where can I get it?

Hey huzzah!!

It's fall' but I cant get an eMail on you, so am resurecting this thread. Would sure love to get those seeds if they are available.

TIA

George

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here