Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feed me Seymore! ....what's this plant

Posted by fruit_cake z7 Lewisville, NC (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 08 at 15:55

this plant is a volunteer, it looked odd so I thought I'd let it grow. Now I'm worried some sort of alien is going to pop out of one of the pod looking things.

Does anyone know what this is???

Thanks

pic

From junk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feed me Seymore! ....what's this plant

I think that is an oriental poppy.

o

My word! It does look a little alien, but I think Esh is correct. I am always amazed at what pops up when one stirs the pot, i.e., soil. Those seeds can be "down there," lurking. It took almost 20 years of my benign neglect for my pink lady slippers, Sol. seal, rhexia, NY ironweed, and cardinal flower to reappear after the former owners used Round-up all over the property.

o

Come on, sing along!! "Little shop, little shop of horrors!"

Kinda cool.....anyone see (that Will Smith movie where he is the last person alive...kind of...) I love the scenes where the grass is coming up through the pavement and parks are turning back into habitat....

o

here's a pic in full bloom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here