SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ficus_spider_man

New common milkweed rescue

ficus-spider-man
16 years ago

Today at work I was pulling invasives vetch and dandelions out of a nonative bushs desplay and came across a common milkweed seedling about five inches tall. My job cotch said I could dig it up and take it home with me, well hot dog, I was happy I took a large spoon anf carefully dug away at the mulch and found that the tap root was hopelessly lodged in the plastic, I removed as much of the tap root as I could but I lost alot of tap root, lucky it had a nice side growth of roots that probably saved its life. The new growth at the top had aphids on it so I cliped the growing tip off. It was wilted when I got to school so I watered it and it purked up, It very rainy out today also and right now its in the ground, I planted in next to my gurage in our native plant garden.

My question is will it survive? I rembered cutting off tops of small common milkweed when I found monarch cats to raise indoors and the plants always grew back new growth, I really didn't want to cut off the tip or the root but I didnt really have much of a choice.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH