SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fredsbog

Yellow Lady's Slippers, In full flower

fredsbog
16 years ago

Went out with a friend this weekend looking for Cyp. pubescens in the Cuyahoga National Park and we found quite a few large and small clumps!

{{gwi:1058195}}

The very large population that has been under study for a number of years has slowly been declining, A) because the park personnel decided it would be a good idea to flag each group...like placing a little dinner flag next to each plant for the deer to find. and B) the plants are in a rather active slump and the rains of last season did most of the population in.

{{gwi:1058197}}

Anyway we found several dozen clumps that are not in danger of being washed away and are not near deer trails. Just thought I'd share a couple of pics that I took while out.

I have noted that the sepals on these plants are quite a bit greener than the clone that I have in my garden (from Cyp Haven)but equally as lovely! {{gwi:1058198}}

My Small White Lady's Slippers (to the right of the Yellows in the photo) will be blooming in the garden in a few days, I'll try to post some pictures of them as well.

Comments (3)

Sponsored