Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wild agapanthas type flower in No Cal fthills

Posted by pollyanna CA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 07 at 0:02

First post here, I am usually on the home building forums. I am in the Gilroy Ca foothills, which is in the Bay area. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me something about this native wild flower without posting a picture. It is very much like an agapanthas, the same blueflowers but this wild flower is very sparse and thin. The flowers smaller, the stem extremely thin, and very small and sparse leaves at the bottom, the ones I found today only had one or two leaves, they are dry at the bottom so I couldnt be sure. I also came across some lovely yellow flowers and some sparse hollyhock type flowers. I will be grading so they will be lost, I would love to be able to gather now and reseed these wildflowers when done. Is this done as normal seeding? Any suggestions on drying storing, depth of replanting and supplements would be helpful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wild agapanthas type flower in No Cal fthills

I found the flower, its a douglas tritilea turnbull. I still would appreciate how to cultivate it if anyone has any tips. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here