Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
PLEASE I.D......Unusual Plant!

Posted by gretchenmi Zone 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 7, 09 at 10:29

Spotted this growing on the side of the road in Michigan...In the ditch....Only found a few along a stretch of road.....Have never seen this in all the years of living here....Have been told it is a 'Pitcher Plant'....Alas, when I try to search for this, nothing comes up that looks like this????........Please Help......

Here is a link that might be useful: [IMG]http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww158/gretchen48624/Irises/P6110177.jpg[/IMG]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: PLEASE I.D......Unusual Plant!

A yellow lady's slipper, one of our showiest native orchids. Most likely Cyprepedium pubescens. A rare plant, and one that doesn't transplant. Congratulations, and cherish and enjoy it!

o

Thank you..Thank you..Thank you!

o

Those are common in MI, especially in the north & UP. They come in pink and yellow.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here