Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Help Needed

Posted by mrsdrjones (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 07 at 12:08

I need help identifying a few plants I have growing in the yard:

These 2 are from a wildflower pack that I bought from Target. I think the 1st may be a Red Clover. The 2nd keeps growing, but doesn't have any buds on it yet.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These 2 vines are growing on the side of my shed, they look similar, but the leaves are slightly different. I don't like unidentified vines and will definitely work to get rid of them if they are something harmful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Help Needed

the second one is flax

o

thank you, was I correct on the clover?

o

First is red clover, not a native plant. Second is scarlet flax, also not native.

o

Thanks to everyone.
Anybody have a guess as to what the vines are?

o

Red clover would have the flower head nested at the base of the top leaf. The plant in your picture appears to have a ring of bracts at the base of the flower head, only found in American species of clover.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here