Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please ID theses plants?

Posted by chueh 7b GA (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 13:48

Thank you advance for ID the following weeds/bushes/plants.

This bush looks like a sumac, but I am not sure if it is the kind that is poisonous. This past early spring, it bore yellow clusters, which looked like consist of tiny flower buds bunched together. Then, I never see them really become flowers (well, I was out of town for 2 weeks in mid Spring. Perhaps I missed the bloom)

This is the detail of the bush:

I have a lot of the following seedlings (picture Weed E). Are they the seedlings of the previous sumac like bush?

I also have a lot of the weed below (picture Weed A). They are ground level, spreading their limbs like spiders, growing like sun burst shape:

The Weed/Bush B looks like a burning bush. I do have ONE burning bush, but these Weed/Bush Bs are not adjacent to it. They are scattered all over and around within 40 feet.

Weed C below has round leaves, whose veins are clear, even, and straight.

Weed F, the same as Weed C?

Plant D is in my vegetable bed. What kind of vegetable is this? I don't think I plant any vege like that, but I do have wild daisy nearby the vege bed. This plant D does look like the wild daisy I have around, but I am not sure. If it is some kind of vege, then I will eat it, hahaha:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please ID theses plants?

The first one does look like a sumac, perhaps Rhus typhina or Staghorn sumac. That is not the poisonous one (the poisonous one grows in swampy areas).

I don't know what weed E is, but I'm pretty sure it is not related to the sumac.

Weed A is a very common weed, should bleed milky sap if you break a piece; I think it is a type of Euphorbia, similar to Euphorbia maculata.

Weed B looks like a seedling Tree of Heaven - an awful tree weed.

Weed C (and also F) is a Lespedeza, I think.

Plant D does look like a daisy.

o

Is weed A succulant in texture? may be purslane. It likes to grow more in the sun than shade. I remove it using a dinner fork very carefully to get all the roots and ANY piece of leaf or stem if they break off. This plant will rejuvinate from a speck of anything left behind. I bag it and put it in the garbage. If it is purslane you can also eat it in salads- me I get rid of it. Lois

o

Weed a is definitely a Euphorbia, common name I know is shepherd's purse. It's not purslane (Portulaca.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here