Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spigelia marilandica - know where to get it?

Posted by bobby_c z7 DC (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 07 at 14:58

Hi,

I have several clumps of this beautiful plant in my slope garden and would like to get more. Any ideas on where to obtain it?

Thanks!
Bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spigelia marilandica - know where to get it?

You could try this site:
http://www.easywildflowers.com/quality/spigelia_marilandica_indianpink_.htm

Sunlight Gardens and Pine Ridge Gardens are both out of stock at the moment.

o

If you want a large quanity, i.e., 72 or multiples thereof,
here's a grower in FL that TC's them. I have seen their Spigelia on display at the SNA Trade Show and they are fairly large, healthy looking plants.
If you don't want that many, see if a friend or friends would share an order with you.
Best to call for availibility, as they don't always have everthing on their list in stock.
Rb

Here is a link that might be useful: AgriStarts3

o

If the sources listed above don't work out for you, try Gardens of the Blue Ridge (www.gardensoftheblueridge.com).
I bought some plants from them last summer (including 3 spigelia marilandicas) and was very pleased with them. The plants were healthy and of a good size and have grown well this spring. Unfortunately, just as the spigelias were about to bloom a few weeks ago, a deer lopped the tops off of them, so it looks like I'll have to cage them and wait until next year for flowers.

o

Thanks for all the replies - I'll be getting more shortly. I think this is my favorite plant in my garden, especially at this time of the year.

Bob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here