Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
coneflower freak/ Echinacea Purpurea please help ID

Posted by helenawall 9b (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 16:25

This is the end result of seeding Echinacea Purpurea & Magnus from TM seeds.I have seen in a seed catalog advertising for a flower like my end result with no crown leaves.
I would never seed suth a thing and wonder is it just me?
Will the crown leaves grow out or is this something else?
I got angry in may and planted some store bought tomatoes in the spot.However this is the survivors. Note the green leaves around the flower head is not crown leaves..

Here is a link that might be useful: plant image click to look

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: coneflower freak/ Echinacea Purpurea please help ID

I can't view your pic. Only Facebook members can view it. You might try uploading it to Photobucket if you want it available for all to view.

Sue

o

I can see the picture but am not sure what it has happened. Sometimes viruses can distort a plant's growth in such a way.

o

I can't see the pictures either.

If there is distortion and disease, yellow aster disease does affect coneflowers. You could google it for more info and pictures and see if something like that is your problem.

FataMorgana

o

So far it doesn't have the ugly distortion of yellow aster disease. The picture shows a cone with no colored petals and only some sparse, short, green petals. But I agree that it could be the beginning of yellow aster disease.

I guess you have to be a registered FB user to see the picture.

o

Thanks all for your reply's I found out it's a pincushion flower

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here