SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kek19

Help me ID some stuff please?

kek19
16 years ago

Hi, I don't know if this is the right board to post this on, but I have this massive "weed" patch, and am curious as to what some of these flowers are. I'll only post a couple pics, but link to my photobucket page below. I apologize for the poor photo quality.

I'd really like to know what this is, it's everywhere in my yard! The stem is red, the flowers (pic 2)are small, little bigger than a pea, bell shaped, white with pink stripes. If you break it, the stem excretes a white sticky substance.

This one is everywhere too. It sits only 6" or so off the ground. And like the dry areas.

This one has 2 in it. To the left are really bright yellow star shaped flowers. Then on the right, I don't even know how to describe it. It's fuzzy!

This one has a deep royal purple, honeysuckle like bloom, about the size of a grape. Stands about 2' tall

If you go and look at the rest of the pics. The first 3 are of milkweed, and I think the weeds15.jpg is pink dianthus (i saw that same thing forsale at a nursery for $6 a qaurt!!) weeds8.jpg has some kind of little (flower not stalk, it stands 3' or so) daisy, with what I thought was Queen Anne's Lace, but it looks slightly different, all the little flower have the yellow pollen, there's no black dot in the center, and they seem smaller. There's also, what looks blue inthe pic, but is actually purple, vine that is EVERYWHERE in the background. I had more pics, but they didn't turn out. I was considering collecting seed from some, as a wildflower mix. But not sure if it would be worth the effort.

Here is a link that might be useful: kek19's weed patch

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022