Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Native plant id

Posted by bb.brat Pa. (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 08 at 0:41

Hello all, I am new to this forum, have admired it from afar, and just this evening I have joined. Brushing off my shyness: In my hosta flower bed, a bird seems to have planted a seed and it has grown to be maybe about four feet tall. I have been making friends with google for days now, hunting to id the intruder, and thinking it maybe of the campanula family. It is a gem of a flower and worth being called a keeper. Thanks for any help someone may provide. :) link: http://fserv.skill-club.com/get_684_6544.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Native plant id

Welcome!

Not many people like to download files from strange sources. I'd like to suggest that you use an image hosting site like photobucket.com to display your picture. You can open up a free account at many photo hosting sites.

o

Oh Sorry, new link to mystery plant: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2276554820103470146cVHRiT

o

That looks like it might be a Verbascum, perhaps Verbascum blattaria, not a native plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Verbascum blattaria

o

esh_ga, Thank you for the help on the id of the plant, it looks like it is indeed Verbascum blattaria, and a wonderful hitchhiker that found it's way to my garden. Also, sorry about the first url, with the need to download, my OS is linux and sometimes forget that others are hesitant to download files from other places.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here