Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carolina Moonseed Vine

Posted by conroe_joe 9a (jshaw@opuntiads.com) on
Thu, Jul 19, 07 at 10:21

Hi Gang,

Carolina moonseed vine is a great addition to any garden that needs a natural look, or that is essentially natural. The vine is not rampant but does grow to the tops of small trees and it makes red berries in late summer or fall.

I found berries, cleaned them up, and germinated the seeds over winter in 1-gallon containers. Now I've got a couple of thes gentle climbers: one is growing into an eastern red cedar and one is growing into a live oak. The berries are bird food (I think).

The link below can guide you to a seed source so you can grow your own vines.

Cordially,

Joe
Conroe TX

Here is a link that might be useful: A Gentle Vine for Texas Gardens

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carolina Moonseed Vine

Very interesting. I had never heard of this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here