Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dirca palustris-leatherwood, source for

Posted by slstoops IN (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 28, 09 at 11:31

Hi, I am looking for a source from which I can purchase the shrub "leatherwood"--Dirca palustris. We live near the Ohio line in east-central Indiana. I have a woodland stream along which I would like to introduce the shrub.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dirca palustris-leatherwood, source for

Hi slstoops,

Welcome to Garden Web!

I too am in IN and am about 30 miles north of Louisville.

I found one, and only one on line source for the Dirca palustris....see link below.

Though I have had no dealing with that nursery, I see they have a good rating over on 'the other' garden site.

Sue...chemocurl

Here is a link that might be useful: Mail Order Natives

o
RE: Dirca palustris-leatherwood, source for

Dirca palustris is a magnificent plant. I have about 15 or so planted in my landscape. You can get some small 12"-15" plants from Eastern Plant Specialties. I purchased some from them some years ago.

For a real treat go visit Leatherwood Ford at Big South Fork National River & Recreation area in Eastern TN to see mature stands of this plant!

Here is a link that might be useful: Eastern Plant Specialties

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here