Return to the Native Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Queens Crown

Posted by camon Tx (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 1, 06 at 18:34

I live in TX and am trying to locate a plant that my Grandmother used to have at her house. She called it Queens Crown, so I'm wondering if there's another name for this plant as I am having difficulties trying to locate it at a local store.

The plant is a vine that has small green leaves and produces pink blooms, it grows from the ground out of what looks like a crown above ground with many sprouts wrapping high in trees clear to the top. It does not kill trees as it dies out during the winter and leaves dry dead looking vines hanging.

I've tried looking it up on google under Queens Crown but with no luck and was wonding if anyone knew of another name for this plant.

Thanks
Randy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Queens Crown

Might be Queen's Wreath, Antigonun leptopus.

Here is a link that might be useful: Antigonon leptopus

o

Yes I think thats it, thanks so much.

Randy

o

Rainbow Gardens on Thousand Oaks had Queen's Crown a week ago. It comes light pink, dark pink, and white. they had the dark pink

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Native Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here