SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knottyceltic

Native Seed Exchange for Canucks?

knottyceltic
17 years ago

I recently read this thread at the Canadian Garden Exchange and have mulled it over for a few days and thought I'd ask to see if any other CANADIANS are interested in asking for a CANADIAN NATIVE SEED/PLANT EXCHANGE FORUM to be established, especially since Canadians can't post on the USA Native Seed Exchange.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/excan/msg0211572630406.html?4

I feel that if there is enough interest, that this specific forum would be of great benefit to those of us searching for "native seeds/plants" without having our posts lost in the shuffle of all the ornamental garden plants/seeds being offered in the Canadian Garden Exchange. The other reason that it would be beneficial is that most of the gardeners at the Canadian Garden Exchange, don't have the plants that are found in native gardens/gardening OR they don't regularly collect seeds from such plants/shrubs/trees. When I post to the Canadian Garden Exchange, there are so few native flora gardeners there that my posts just get shoved farther and farther from page one until they just disappear. In a separate forum, native flora gardeners/collectors can find eachother and fill eachothers needs quickly and simply. This IS of course IF there is enough interest to actually establish such a forum for the Canadian contingency.

If you are interested, please respond by clicking the link above and making your wishes known.

Thanks so much for reading,

Barb

southern Ontario, CANADA

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County